You already know how to make a duet on TikTok. One of the video features is Duet. The “Duet” function – allows you to create a joint video with another user and record the reaction to the finished clip. When viewing, users will see a screen divided into two parts.
The advantage of a duet on TikTok is that both your audience and the subscribers of the co-author will see the joint video.
In today’s article, you will learn how to duet on TikTok with another blogger in real time and when he is not online. And also how to duet with yourself on iPhone and Android.
How to make a duet on TikTok?
Let’s talk about settings first. The app may initially be configured to have the “Duet” feature restricted or disabled in the privacy settings.
How to turn on the Duets feature
Launch Tik Tok. Click on the icon with half a man in the bottom corner, then on the three dots at the top.
- Select “Privacy”.
- Go to the “Who can duet with me” section and check the appropriate option: Off, Friends, Everyone.
If another user has this feature limited to friends (and you are not one of them) or disabled, then you will not be able to record a duet with him.
Now let’s figure out step by step how to do a duet.\
Read Also: How To Go Viral On TikTok?
How to film a duet in real time
- Find the artist you want to duet with. Open his page. Click “Share” in the right menu, then “Duet”.
- Record a shared video. In this case, the co-author must confirm your request for a joint recording.
When you click on the cross at the bottom of the screen, three shooting modes will appear: “Select music”, “Remove first”, “From library”. The first option is the main one. It involves choosing music from the Internet or your playlist, after which the shooting begins. In any mode, you can set a timer, apply color filters, masks, and select the desired camera settings. By default, videos are shot vertically.
How to record a duet if the user is not online
When your friend is not online or ignores a video sharing request sent, use their finished video. Open the clip that suits you and click “Share”.
Then select the “Duet” function – after that, the download will begin, and the screen will be divided into two parts.
Record a video next to the video of your choice, the playback of which will begin after pressing the red button.
How to duet on TikTok with yourself
TikTok gives users the opportunity to record a solo duet. True, there is no separate option for this, so you have to act as standard.
First, come up with a script for the first and second parts. After that, record the first fragment of the duet. Select a clip from your gallery and click Share.
Select the Duet function to record the second part. The screen will be split in half, with the current video on the left. To merge two clips together, use the “Splice to movie” feature.
Thanks to the tools in the bottom menu, both videos can be edited separately: cut off unnecessary fragments, add sound, filters, graphic elements and text.
The video editor includes three processing effects:
- deceleration of the selected section (“slow mo”);
- flash effect;
- “reverse” with playback of the clip in reverse order.
Ideas for creating duet on TikTok
- Act out the skit with another user.
- Record a song together.
- Make a parody of the original clip.
- Create a synchronized dance video.
- Write down the answers to the questions from the first video.
- Repeat the trick from the first clip.
- Shoot a duet to a fragment of a movie or cartoon.
- Make a double video with your pet or with yourself.
- One person plays a musical instrument while the other person dances/sings.
- “It was and has become” – make a new version of the old video.
- “Reveal” – create a rebuttal video.
How to make a duet on TikTok popular
To make the video viral, share it on other social networks.
Comment on other people’s duets to draw attention to your page. In addition, consider the trends of the video community – the “Recommendations” tab will help you with this.
Track the reaction to the created content, try to respond to all user comments. Be sure to add 2-3 hashtags, including #duetTikTok. This will increase the reach of your video.
The Duet feature is a good opportunity to draw attention to your page, get more subscriptions and likes. You can record a joint video with yourself, with a friend or an unknown user online and offline.
Must Read: Best Time To Post On TikTok. Get To Know Here!