Linking words in phrases in English is very necessary because they help you link ideas together and form more compound sentences. We can use them in several situations such as adding extra information, providing comparisons, giving examples, and many more situations. Linking words help sentences to further sentences and paragraphs to additional paragraphs. These linking words advantage are –
- Increase structure in your writing by connecting your ideas and thoughts.
- Improve the clarity of your writing so you say exactly what you want to say and define.
- Make your writing more effective and professional.
- Used in today’s world to make the formation and structure to link the sentences, paragraphs, and ideas.
Lists of linking words and connecting words –
- Off course
- Because of
- In fact
- So that
- As an example
- Such as
Usage of linking words –
The use of linking words is highly appreciated in writing and speaking. Though, a perfect essay or a letter cannot be written without using connectors. Linking words work as a connection between two ideas and thoughts. Hence, it increases the readability and comprehensibility of the text.
Advantages of linking words –
There are specific words called linking words/ connecting words, which helps in managing coherence and cohesion. These are the terms that play an important role in crafting any type of essay.
- Cohesion describes the degree of maintaining the right flow of objectives throughout the paragraph without making any confusion.
- Coherence depends on the logical flow of design on how it is accessible.
- Used to show a switch from one idea to another
- Stating the connection/adding the context
- Used for citation the ideas
- Words used for re-referencing
- Demonstrate the cause/effect
- Give reasons and highlighted them
- Make the opinion and conclusions more highlighted
Why should learn linking words / connecting words?
The answers are quite straightforward. If you don’t know the different types of linking words to link ideas together in a piece of writing, then what you are writing will make no sense. Here, in the best situation, your audience will be confused and fail to across in your writing, because the pieces of text that should normally fit together are just there. To connect would not happen without adding words to them.
So, you see what they are and why you need to understand them and learn them – but here are some examples of linking words. We couldn’t possibly use them all because there are exactly, hundreds, but hopefully, by emphasizing a few examples and showing their importance in one sentence, you will be to understand more clearly the work they do. And some will focus on learning from other people.
Therefore, that is how we use linking words Lists and phrases to show how the words make our work more expressive and comprehensive. But utilizing these words is not only sufficient. You have to change them or accurately or something bad might happen, they refusal to entice the reader. Hence, when you write and speak English improve your fluency and assurance with the language.
You Can also read the related information via visiting this – How to Effectively Use Spatial Order Organization in Writing?