Lights mounted directly on the ceiling for illuminating the entire room or a specific space are called ceiling lights.
There are different ceiling light types –
Chandeliers [Ambient or accent]
Chandeliers are stylish hanging lighting fixtures comprising delicately carved branches that create a focal point in the room. They have many bulbs and their illumination makes the room appear elegant and stylish. If you are hunting for a square light fixture then visit Sofary, an online crystal chandelier store.
Choose the flush mount square raindrop crystal chandelier for the room with an 8-foot ceiling height and less go for semi-flush mounts. The square flush raindrop chandelier is a bold option for the round lights. The right angles and straight lines create a clean, sleek style that accents an array of room décor.
Pendant lights [task or accent]
The pendant light is a single light source in the room and hangs low. It can be used as a focused light source in rooms without false ceilings. You can even choose a cluster of pendant lights that add charm to a room with a ceiling height of more than 10 feet.
Track lights [task lights]
It is a great option to highlight curios or paint display in the living room or hallway. Track light adds a decorative ambiance and pulls out the exhibit’s beauty. It helps to highlight a specific section or wall in the house. You can install LED lights without the need for false ceilings.
Recessed lights [Ambient]
Usually, recessed lights are installed in ceiling hollows, so that when turned on the illumination is focused or spread out. The light source softens the home environment. You cannot depend on recess lights but mix them appropriately in layered style lighting.
Tips to properly mix and match lighting
Mixing and matching of lights create an unbelievable depth and look. If done properly, the lighting adds a lot of character and personality to your home. Here are some tips to mix lights like an expert.
- Find a common theme to create a cohesive feel. It can be a style, shape, finish, or anything that blends every selection in the room together.
- Incorporate a statement piece and choose pared-down lighting sources in the same space. Allow the statement piece to convey the message.
- Add lighting to brighten different corners across the room using sconces, floor lamps, picture lights, and pendant lights. Layering for dimensions introducing tones, textures, and styles takes the interior décor to the next level.
- Never hesitate to add some contrast like blending shapes, styles, and finishes. It brings the space to life.
- Effective lighting comprises established layers but never overcrowds the room with multiple options. An average room can use not more than 4 lighting kinds. It helps maintain balance as well as allows creative freedom.
- A dimmer supplies the room with proper ambiance instantly, so don’t miss it!
A single lighting type glowing from one direction makes the room look flat and two-dimensional averting it from being serviceable. So, mixing and matching are of importance to complement the attractive home décor and create a warm ambiance.