Identifying which e-Learning is suitable for your care home depends on a number of factors. We would advise making a list of job roles within your care home and which courses might be needed to support each role. Another factor that should be considered is the size of your organisation and the number of care homes. Whether you have one home or 20 homes, we suggest looking into a learning platform that can help support and deliver these e-Learning courses for care homes.
As part of your Learning and Development strategy, deciding on the right platform can be challenging, we suggest an all-in-one Learning Management System, known as an LMS. Not only will this help deliver your e-Learning courses, but it will help track and monitor your Learning and Development for your entire Health and Social Care organisation.
What does e-Learning look like in Health and Social Care?
Many care homes have began implementing digital e-Learning for Health and Social Care to save time and money for their organisation. Which type of e-Learning courses should cover the basics of any Health and Social Care provider. There is ‘Mandatory Training’ which means Health and Social Care Organisations are required to undertake adequate induction training and annual refresher training to ensure they remain up-to-date with regulatory requirements from CQC. These e-Learning training courses commonly include:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Manual Handling
- Food Hygiene/ Food Safety Awareness
There are many options when it comes to what a Learning Provider can supply when it comes to your Learning and Development. My Learning Cloud, offer a choice of Learning Management Systems that cater to the size of your Health and Social Care organisation, we will also consider your budgetary needs and any Learning and Development requirements.
Our Learning Management Systems come in 3 different options that can cater to your organisation. We have Lumis Essentials, Fully Loaded and Parent and Child.
- Lumis Essentials is our powerful, yet simple e-Learning LMS which is packed with over 100 CPD certified courses to support your Health and Social Care organisation journey.
- Fully Loaded is our full LMS which provides your Health and Social Care organisation with a full Blended Learning Solution. Fully Loaded not only supports all formats of e-Learning but included is Workshop Management and a Self-Service Admin Centre keep your reporting and Learning Pathways all in one place, on one system.
- Parent and Child is everything included in our Fully Loaded LMS, but designed for large or multi-sited Health and Social Care organisations. Not only can an organisation set out the rules and parameters for each individual location, each branch will have their own LMS to control as their own.
If you’d like to learn more about My Learning Cloud, you can book an obligation free consultation to discuss your Learning and Development requirements.