If you’re having an issue with QuickBooks not opening and aren’t sure how to fix it, you’ve come to the right spot. This article will provide you with a possible solution to fix this issue.
However, before proceeding further, you should be aware that QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that is used to manage funds, track transaction history, and save records.
Furthermore, despite having such tremendous functionality, QuickBooks is riddled with errors that consumers frequently encounter.
However, by reading this post, you will be able to overcome the QuickBooks won’t open error.
QuickBooks won’t open error: Meaning
When a user wants to use QuickBooks Desktop, the quickbooks won’t open error message often appears. You may notice that the system is slow to respond while dealing with this issue. As a result, the user may begin to face a variety of error codes, such as QB Error code 1603, Error 1935, and so on.
Furthermore, the QuickBooks won’t open prompts a message that reads:
“QuickBooks is already open with a company file.” If you want to open another file, you must first close the one you’re now working on.”
“In QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, you may only have two business files open at the same time.”
Symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error
Before moving into the potential solutions, it is crucial to first recognize the symptoms of the quickbooks won’t open problems. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most common issues that customers have while dealing with the error.
- The system on which you are running the software may shut down altogether.
- You haven’t finished installing QuickBooks.
- The user will be unable to access the company file.
- The device’s responsiveness to the mouse and keyboard may be slow.
Causes of QuickBooks won’t open error
Now that you’ve identified the quickbooks won’t open errors, it’s crucial to understand the root cause of the problem in your system. When you understand the reasons, you may be able to apply the relevant remedies to resolve the issue.
- The problem might have been caused by a corrupted or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Second, the lengthy name of the QuickBooks file may have had a role in the development of this problem.
- It’s possible that you’re running an infected version of Windows.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation was not completed successfully.
Possible Solutions to resolve QuickBooks won’t open error
After going through the causes and symptoms of quickbooks won’t open error, let’s look at some possible remedies to this problem:
Solution 1: Terminate the QBW32.exe process
- To begin, right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Process tab. Now you must select the Image Name header. As a result, the processes will be sorted alphabetically.
- Now, you must find and choose EXE.
- Finally, choose End Process to terminate the QBW32.exe process.
Solution 2: Alter the QBWUSER.INI file
Sometimes altering the QBWUSER.INI file would resolve the issue on the system. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Simultaneously press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Under the Organise menu, look for and choose the Folder and Search option.
- Then, select View from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Hidden files and folders option under Advanced Settings.
- Select Show hidden files and folders from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the OK button.
- Select My Computer, then C:/ Drive from the drop-down menu.
- Select Documents, then Local Settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, choose Application Data.
- Then, select QuickBooks from the Intuit menu.
- To delete or rename the QBWUSER.INI file, right-click on it and select Delete or Rename.
Solution 3: Make sure to download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
In this first approach, the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool may simply fix the bulk of the errors. However, in order to utilize this utility, you must first download and install it on your system:
- To begin, go to the Intuit QuickBooks official website and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, double-click the file to install it.
- After that, run the tool to solve the problem.
- Check to see if the situation persists.
Solution 4: Halt QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- To begin, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Then, while holding down the CTRL key, select Open. In addition, hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window pops up.
- Then, restart QuickBooks desktop to see if the problem persists. If it does, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin account
- To proceed, launch the Control Panel and go through it.
- Then, select Manage User by double-clicking on the User Account option. In addition, hit the Add button.
- The administrator’s name and domain should then be entered. Click the OK button.
- Choose Administrator if you are a Windows 10 user.
- Finally, hit the Finish button to complete the process. You will be sent to the User Accounts dialogue box. Here, press the OK button.
Solution 6: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
When software is not properly installed, it causes issues for a large number of users. As a result, performing a clean QuickBooks installation is frequently recommended. So, to do a clean installation of QB, follow the steps outlined below:
- Begin by opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now go to Installation Issues.
- Then, choose the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool option.
- As a consequence, during the clean setup, each QuickBooks-connected file will be promptly erased. After that, the QuickBooks desktop software package will be installed.
We believe that by using the solutions listed above, you will be able to resolve the quickbooks won’t open problems. If you continue to encounter errors after the execution, you may connect with the technical team for further assistance.