Migration to the cloud is the go-to strategy followed by organizations of all sizes. Organizations consider cloud migration as a top priority to fulfill their aim of an all-around digital transformation of operations.
However, not all cloud services yield the desired results. Most of the cloud services fall short of addressing application transition challenges. Even if they manage to overcome the challenges, it shoots up cloud operating expenses. This ultimately results in high operating costs. It defeats the purpose of migrating to the cloud.
Azure migration services have evolved as the most sought-after services that successfully address all the above-stated issues and deliver more. In this blog, we will discuss the three main problem areas when it comes to cloud migration. We will provide our take on how Azure cloud migration services can be efficiently used to address these problem areas.
This blog will also contain real-life examples of how we have aided clients to overcome these challenges and successfully migrate to the Azure cloud platform.
Seamless Transition of All Kinds of Applications with Azure Cloud Support
Mainframe and distributed are two kinds of application environments that organizations use in their daily operations. Applications that run on these environments can be a big headache to migrate from on-premises to the cloud. Some of these applications require the rewriting of their codes and infrastructure configuration to fit in.
It is a cumbersome task to create an entire virtual machine to deploy distributed applications on the cloud.
How Does Azure Cloud Support Help?
- Azure cloud migration process enables mimicking your legacy mainframe environment that includes data ingestion sources, online transaction processing, and others. This allows you to reuse your existing applications in the mainframe environments.
- You can replace the mainframe functionality with Azure cloud feaures such as Software as a service (SaaS). This feature can be created according to the operation modes of organizations across different industry verticals.
- Azure cloud support provides cloud-based batch environments with varying storage, computation, and networking options. Such environments match up to the high-throughput data handling sources inbuilt in traditional mainframe environments.
- Azure Functions is a serverless computing feature that runs codes on-demand. This eliminates the need for additional provisions in the existing infrastructure.
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) simplifies the management and deployment of distributed applications within your hosted environment.
Azure Cloud Migration – Make Your Operations Responsive to Consumer Demands
Consumers expect an E-commerce-grade do-it-yourself experience when it comes to availing services or getting their queries resolved. You will need an extremely elastic IT infrastructure, a simplified process of data collection, and ease of access to them to scale up to such expectations.
A traditional operational infrastructure involves various departments working in siloes. This creates disparate data sources. It becomes difficult for stakeholders to map those data sources and tap into them when required. It impedes organizations to scale their operations to respond to consumers’ evolving expectations.
How Does Azure Cloud Migration Services Help?
- Migration to the Azure platform gives you access to database management features such as the Azure SQL. This platform as a service (PaaS) database tool allows drilled-down access to data. It allows you to create a layer of high-performing and highly accessible data. Such accessibility is critical for you to provide consistent quality of service to customers across all communication platforms.
- The Azure databricks feature streamlines the process of analyzing and drawing insights from huge data loads. This creates a collaborative workspace between data scientists, data engineers, and business strategists. It lets you understand consumers’ expectations and sets you on the right footing towards fulfilling their expectations.
- The elastic computing ability of Azure cloud helps you to store and manage massive workloads of data as and when your businesses increase or slow down. You do not need a human administrator to scale up or down the storage capacity as it is done automatically.
Azure Cloud Migration -Optimize Your Cloud Platform Expenses
A lot of organizations complain of cloud platform expenses that overrun their budget. Most of those expenses went unaccounted for.
Organizations fail to understand the basic difference between a data center’s operational expense and the nature of operational expenses on the cloud. This results in unaccounted cloud expenses.
Technicians with an on-premise data center hangover often forget the autoscaling capabilities of a cloud platform to run an application with a larger workload. They tend to overprovision resources to ensure the functionality of the application. This further adds to unnecessary cloud expenditure.
How Does Azure Cloud Support Help?
- Tools such as Microsoft Cost Management will help you to fix cloud utilization budgets. The Azure pricing calculator helps you to estimate the cloud costs in your upcoming projects.
- Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework design documentation is a tool that allows you to go re-evaluate your application workload architecture. This reveals areas where you can optimize cloud usage to save costs.
- Tools like Azure dev/test pricing, Azure Spot Virtual Machines, among others enable you to pay in advance for predictable application workloads.
How We Assist You with a Robust Azure Cloud Support?
We understand that optimal utilization of cloud services is not solely dependent on how you migrate to the platform. This is why our Microsoft Azure cloud migration service is characterized by robust cloud support. Our Azure cloud support is aimed at making cloud utilization cost-efficient and regulatory compliant for you.
We have helped a global power grid network provider to move their service management platform from their existing cloud platform to Azure cloud. The main objective of our client was to optimize their cloud storage costs and minimize hardware expenditures for the future.
Our experts embedded features like Azure pricing calculator and Azure migrate in our client’s cloud environment. These tools allow enabled them to estimate costs for cloud features such as virtual machines, data storage, and others. We guided our client on how to optimally use Azure billing APIs to calculate the monthly costs associated with using VMs.
The client sought our support to select the Azure VM based on testing requirements, database sizes, and traffic web servers. It helped them to avoid overprovisioning of resources that result in a bad investment.
In another instance, we assisted a giant food and beverage conglomerate to transition to the Azure cloud platform while adhering to the governance rules set by the client’s IT team. Our experts assisted our client by implementing the CAF enterprise-scale landing zone. It created models that showcased workload implementation while ensuring compliance with governance rules.
Who We Are and Why Are We Considered as An Industry Authority?
This article is authored by experts at Flatworld Edge, a pioneering Azure cloud migration services provider. The range of our services includes infrastructure migration, application migration, DevOps implementation & consulting, On-demand infrastructure, and others.