According to studies, almost everyone wants to change the conventional interview. Talent acquisition experts point out that traditional interviews are unreliable, can reinforce pre-existing biases, and have little ability to evaluate soft skills. They are frequently dull as well.
However, it is possible to replace the willpower test that interviews have evolved into with an aptitude exam. The fast-growing array of online assessment tools like NinjaInterview has the potential to make hiring easy, more effective, and even more enjoyable by assisting companies in finding people with the proper characteristics and aptitudes. Assessment tools are available, ranging from standard personality tests to aptitude tests made especially for delivery boys. Here are some suggestions for selecting an interview evaluation tool.
Make sure it has a great question bank of questions:
The first consideration you must make when selecting an online assessment platform is that it has a large, pertinent question bank. Another advantage is the capability to modify or improve the tests and questions to suit your requirements.
Instant report and its analysis:
One advantage of online tests is that human error gets removed. Trainers and recruiters who have checked and analysed reports manually know the suffering involved in sitting down and reading countless applicant scripts and reports. It’s time to exhale with relief. The manual report analysis is no longer necessary for online assessment examinations. Nowadays, the information created by most online assessment platforms identifies a candidate’s key performance areas and includes a thorough report analysis of the candidate’s responses. Recruiters can use the data from the report to develop their hiring and training modules.
One that does away with cheating and the requirement for invigilation:
One of the features of an online exam system that will set it apart from its rivals in the market is having anti-cheating technologies in place to combat cheating. Auto-proctoring measures are present in most of the tools. When an exam can proctor via webcam, options include leaving the test window or blocking “copy-paste,” “print-screen,” and other functions. This method eliminates the need for a physical proctor and the need to employ and compensate a test invigilator.
Why do people use interview assessment tools?
- Time is saved for the hiring personnel because recruiters don’t have to spend as much time searching through and evaluating applicants.
- Reduces hiring time: Hiring an employee delays impact the effectiveness of your product teams, the candidate experience, and your employer brand as a whole.
- The video interview assists in making decisions better and faster because the data are transparent, and the majority of candidates are easy to compare.
- Offers quantitative online assessments- Tests are a fantastic approach to evaluating a candidate’s level of expertise before hiring.
- Eliminates bias: You want to be as impartial as you can while hiring. Even AI-based shortlisting systems get shown to have biases in some cases, and there are unconscious human biases. Skill-based assessments can aid in eliminating that bias and provide businesses with precise recruiting criteria.