In addition to clients in your massage therapy or physiotherapy business, the upholstery of your massage or therapy table needs some basic upkeep. Learn how to care for your upholstery to keep it looking excellent.
How to keep the new upholstery looking fresh
We suggest you regularly clean the upholstery on your examination, massage, and treatment tables. This manner, you can keep leather from cracking and staining while also extending its life.
Keep the upholstery safe
Cover the cushioned surface of your massage or therapy table with a sheet, towel, or paper from the paper roll holder before treatment. The latter may be installed beneath the table’s head or leg sections, and in certain cases, under the table’s base. A PVC cover for the leg part is also available to preserve the upholstery if patients do not remove their shoes.
Cleaning at regular intervals
We suggest cleaning the upholstery of your massage or treatment table regularly to keep the fabric’s fresh look for as long as feasible.
- Wash it with a gentle brush or sponge to remove more persistent stains.
- Wipe with a microfiber cloth after cleaning with a soap and water combination.
- The water should not be hotter than 50°C, and the mixture should not include more than 10% soap.
- Then rinse with clean water and let to dry. Blood stains and massage oil and lotion residues may cause stains. Thus, they should be cleaned as soon as possible.
- For blood stains, use cold water and PH-neutral soap.
- To avoid damaging the upholstery, avoid using detergents, abrasives, harsh soap, bleach, or scouring agents.
Clean and properly dry the table’s cushioned top before disinfecting it. Wipe with a clean moist towel after using a disinfectant. Contact our sales team or your dealer for more information on disinfectants authorized by the manufacturer.
Massage Table Cushion Maintenance
It is important to keep the massage table cushion clean and fresh. The following are some tips on maintaining a massage table cushion:
- Clean the massage table cushion with a damp cloth after each use.
- Use mild soap to clean the stains and remember to rinse it well before placing it back on the table.
- Air dry the cushion in a shaded area and avoid direct sunlight as this will cause mold growth over time.
- Place a protective cover over the cushion when not in use to avoid dirt, dust, and other particles from settling onto it while in storage.
- Replace your massage table cushions at least once every two years or more often if you see signs of wear or tear such as tears or holes developing in them due to excessive use or wear.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum weight capacity of a massage table?
As manufacturers discover technological advances and new materials, the operating weight capacity of massage tables increases from 250 pounds to 350 pounds at the very least presently.
What is the weight of a massage table?
The majority of massage tables weigh between 30-38 pounds. It should be noted that tables made of wood are often heavier than tables made of metal.
What is the height of a massage table?
Modern massage tables typically vary in height from 23″ to 33″, making them suitable for almost any practitioner. Follow these steps to determine the best height for you to work at: Stand up straight with your arms at your sides and your fists closed.
What is the width of a massage table?
The most common widths for massage tables are 28 and 30 inches. We offer 25-inch massage tables, but you should only pick this width if you are small in stature because having a broader massage table may put your back in danger throughout your career.
Also Read: How Does Massage Assist With Back Pain.