Many users have reported that are struggling with the Netgear extender red light issue. Are you going nuts because of the same issue? Tried every possible hack but nothing worked for you? Well, that is because you did not follow the correct hacks. But, worry not. In this post, we have mentioned some of the topmost tips through which you can stop the LED on your Netgear range extender from blinking red. Thus, read on.
Why Are You Facing Netgear Extender Red Light Issue?
Before you learn about how to troubleshoot the Netgear extender red light issue, get familiar with the reasons that may have caused it:
- You haven’t updated the firmware of your extender via www.mywifiext.net
- The Ethernet connection between your extender and home router is not stable.
- Transmitting appliances, reflexive surfaces, and electronic devices are blocking the signals emitted by your Netgear extender.
- Technical glitches can also force the LED on your device to blink red.
- Your extender is not receiving an adequate power supply from its wall socket.
Now that you are aware of the factors contributing to the Netgear extender red light issue, you are ready to troubleshoot it.
Resolved: Netgear Extender Red Light Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
As mentioned above, technical glitches are one of the many reasons behind the issue you are currently experiencing. To get rid of them, you need to reboot your Netgear wireless range extender.
In order to reboot your extender, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Power off your extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your extender back into the wall socket and turn it on.
Now, try to access mywifiext Are you able to? No? Well, it looks like you are still having a hard time because of the red light issue.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear wireless range extender and the existing router, make sure that it does not have any cuts. A damaged Ethernet cable can make it difficult for your devices to communicate effortlessly.
Thus, either get your cable replaced with a new one or consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Avoid Signal Interference
Make sure that your Netgear extender is not placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, etc.
Apart from that, do not keep your wireless extender in corners or near concrete walls.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear range extender via mywifiext.net can also help you troubleshoot the red light issue.
To perform Netgear extender firmware update, follow the instructions given below:
- Get access to a computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address field, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once you are on the Netgear extender login page, enter the default mywifiext net login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Select Maintenance > Firmware Update.
Are you still trying to get a grip over to the Netgear extender red light issue? Well, if that is the case, then you are left with no other option than to perform factory default reset.
- Reset Your Netgear Extender
Here are the steps that will help you restore your Netgear extender to the default settings:
- Locate the Reset hole on your wireless range extender.
- Take an oil pin or a paper clip and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for a few seconds.
Once you are done resetting your extender, access the mywifiext net login page and set it up from scratch.
With that, we wrap our guide to troubleshoot the Netgear extender red light issue. We hope that the hacks mentioned in this post helped you stop the LED on your device from blinking red. If it did, you can now enjoy a seamless internet connection and make the most of your Netgear wireless range extender.