I will always think of Steve Martin when I make Omelette du Fromage Dish for lunch.
When I was in high school, I went to the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island to see Steve Martin on his Wild and Crazy tour. He didn’t disappoint, but again, he had little chance. I remembered both of his albums and annoyed everyone I knew performing his material, including “Excuse Me”, “Grandmother’s Song”, “Mad At My Mother”, “You People Are Paranoid”, “The Non-Conformist Oath“, and French ‘
Shapo means hat. Oeuf means egg. As if these Frenchmen call everything differently …
So the only thing I could remember was the cheese omelette. Omelette du fromage. I train all the time. Omelette du fromage. I meet people: “Hey, omelette du fromage.” Finally, I go into a restaurant and say: “Omelette du from the old man.” And the problem is, if you order in French, the waiter thinks you speak French, he says, “Zoon de swee le do de da swa,” and you answer, “Yes.” He brings you a shoe of cheese. And you also told him to shove it down your throat. “I’ll take the cheese shoe, stuff it down my throat, and I want to massage your grandma, okay.”
Forty years later, I still quote Steve’s material (“Hey, maybe I have a blue spot ”) often when I make an omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, ham and cheese. It’s not a craniocerebral surgery, but it’s amazing.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices of ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (or cheddar)
- 10 white mushrooms
- 2 thick tomato slices
- olive oil spray
Read to know: What Candy Bar Is Considered Good Luck In Japan ?
Procedure for Omelette du Fromage
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into slices. Spray olive oil into a large skillet. Arrange the mushrooms in one layer and cook over medium heat until brown.
- Cut two thick tomato slices, then cut into cubes.
- Roll the ham into slices and chop. Place the ham in a skillet with toasted mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Remove the ham and mushrooms from the pan. Keep the skillet on medium heat.
- Drizzle more olive oil over the skillet. Break the eggs into a mug and beat with a fork, then pour into the skillet.
- When the eggs have set, turn them over with a spatula. Add cheese evenly.
- Once the cheese is melted, add the ham and mushrooms to half of the omelet. Add the tomato on top of the ham and mushrooms.
- Fold the omelet in half with a spatula, then slide it out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Paired with Snapple Requires 2 pairs of mango tea.