Is your Netgear WiFi range extender acting weird? Is the performance of your Netgear device not meeting your expectations? Can’t you access the new extender setup page? Have you forgotten the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender? If you nod in yes, then the only solution you are left with is to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender to the default factory settings.
Over time, 4 out of 5 users often face issues with their Netgear WiFi range extenders. Issues may range from:
- Poor WiFi signals to slow internet connectivity.
- Bad extender placement to improper extender configuration.
No matter whatever issue you are facing with your Netgear extender, if not resolved – it becomes necessary for you to reset it.
Before you reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, it is very much important for you to be aware of the fact that a factory reset erases all the personalized information and data on your device, including username, password, security settings, Netgear_ext SSID (WiFi network name), etc. So, it is recommended – do take the backup of all the customized settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender prior to resetting it.
Once you’re done with taking the back up of all the extender’s settings, take the plunge to reset it.
Netgear Extender Factory Reset Process
Here’s how to perform factory reset process on your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Make sure all the LEDs, especially the power LED on your Netgear WiFi range extender are stable and green.
- Ensure that your Netgear extender is getting a continuous power supply from its wall outlet.
- Be sure to disconnect all the devices that are connected to Netgear_ext SSID.
- Now, locate the Reset hole on your Netgear extender.
- Press the Reset hole gently using a pin or a paper clip.
- Release the extender’s factory Reset hole after holding it for a couple of seconds.
Kudos! In this way, you can easily reset your Netgear WiFi extender in no time. Now, to get the most out of your Netgear range extender, reconfigure it right away. Don’t know how to set up Netgear extender? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! In this article, we will also guide you with the easy Netgear extender setup instructions. So, without much delay, have a quick glance at the Netgear extender setup instructions outlined below.
Instructions to Set up Netgear Extender
Step 1: Power on your Netgear WiFi extender. Connect the extender’s power adapter to the working wall outlet.
Step 2: Grab an Ethernet cable. Connect the Netgear range extender to your existing router.
Step 3: Now, turn on a PC or laptop and get connected to Netgear_ext SSID.
Step 4: Launch an internet browser as per your liking.
Step 5: Enter the extender’s default 192.168.1.250 IP in the browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key. Doing so will redirect you to the new extender setup page. Bear in mind – the IP address should not be entered in the search bar of the browser you are using.
Step 6: You will be prompted to enter the default Netgear extender login username and password into the required fields. Once you’re done, click Log In. Cross-check the login details after entering.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Netgear extender setup process without any hassle.
Once your Netgear extender gets configured, you can unplug it and move it to its preferred location. Now, connect your devices to the new extender’s SSID and enjoy streaming the internet to the fullest.
Before relocating your Netgear extender, there are some important points that you must keep into consideration:
- Always keep your Netgear extender within the reach of your existing router.
- Make sure that your router isn’t hidden. The reason is, the internet signals coming out of your router are very important for the extender to perform well.
- You must be on an active internet plan and the router provided by your ISP must not be outdated.
- Do not keep your extender near the reach of neighboring WiFi and interference devices.
- It is always best to place your extender and the router in an open, higher, and ventilated location.
If this article was helpful to you, please share your feedback with us.