Running online applications of websites is crucial for any growing business to help them reach their customers. For this, developing reliable and scalable websites is vital so that customers may interact in a smooth and hassle-free manner. To build and host scalable websites and applications, it is essential to consider particular aspects that can help developers optimize build and performance. Here is a look at some crucial points for scalable website/application building and hosting.
10 Aspects to Consider for Scalable Web Builds & Hosting
- Requirement analysis: It is necessary to work out all processes an application will need to carry out and how it will do so. Once these are understood, it becomes crucial to meet these requirements to move further into the development procedure. For example, when setting up an online store, it is vital to make note of all the requirements that will go into a Shopify web development before moving forward. Also while including stakeholders in the process, a rundown can prove beneficial for kickstarting the project.
- Best feasible technology: The technology used in the development process should be highly functional and one that the development team can comfortably work with, such as Lamp/WAMP stacks or any other server tools. For maximum compatibility, it is recommended to use hardware-based load balancers. One can also use plug-ins in place of or with a default MySQL database.
- Use of security practices: It is hard to guarantee a 100% secure network as unpredictable events can always occur. But making networks cautious and more resilient to such instances is possible. During application development, it is possible to implement methods that provide high-security levels to the network and configure them within the application. Implement authentication practices and measures to make applications resilient to any unprecedented attacks.
- Scalability of application: Application development must be done to ensure it can run smoothly in events of high traffic loads. This means that the application must be available at peak times to avoid any performance degradation. The application has scalability that can meet such demands and optimize performance levels without adding complexity.
- Use the best development team: When building an application, it is necessary to onboard developers with the required skill set to complete the process. Without this, meeting project requirements and slowing down operations and deadlines will be challenging. It will be difficult to fix application bugs, performance glitches, etc. Without the right development team, users will not be able to complete all tasks involved in the way that is necessary.
Image credit: Roberto Cortese via Unsplash
- Follow set guidelines for coding and development: Certain coding guidelines are published that make it convenient to build safe and reliable applications. When developing a project, following these conventions can help take up the best practices for a project and build high-performing applications.
- Consider end-user perspectives: When developing an application, it is necessary to consider a user perspective to ensure that it is being developed in the most optimal way. Consider factors such as convenience to navigate, saving and creating files, adding contacts, and more. These considerations give developers an insight into how users may view and respond to the application.
- Use feasible code architectures: For scalability, it is necessary to consider the code architecture being used in the development process. This helps establish the functionality and responses of how potential users will interact. It is possible to use vertical or horizontal scaling depending on which will be best fitted for application performance.
- Optimizing network architecture: It is also necessary to examine and optimize network settings when developing an application to ensure that all servers run smoothly with low latency. Through network infrastructure optimization, developers can build applications to be more seamless with end-user interactions. It helps prevent any production of stale data and also lets you monitor any traffic issues and redundancies.
- Testing applications: After an application’s development is complete, it is essential to test the application before putting it out for final end-user use. Making use of mock testers or beta users is a way to let people test out the application thoroughly to spot any bugs, misses, glitches, network stalls, and more. By testing applications and their scalability, developers can make improvements or additions to make them suitable for final use.
For building scalable websites and applications, it is necessary to take certain factors into consideration before and during the development process. By implementing them, developers can work in the best way possible to build and host websites and web applications. The considerations make it more convenient to make optimizations that will allow for their smooth functioning and reliable final use amongst all users.