Individuals who suffer from pain and swelling must confer with a dentist in Lahore. The specialist will help the patient understand the cause of the disease and provide treatment accordingly.
The common causes of swelling in the gums are:
● Pregnant Women: Women during pregnancy undergo hormonal changes. The blood flow increases, which can cause irritation and swelling. Also, the body cannot fight the bacteria that cause individuals to suffer from gingivitis during pregnancy. Hence, women must maintain oral health, as they are at a higher risk of suffering from gum disease.
● Gingivitis: Individuals with poor oral hygiene experience swelling and pain in their gums. It is necessary to change the lifestyle to avoid the occurrence of gingivitis. Without timely treatment, it can lead to periodontitis. The person can experience tooth loss due to complications. Hence, people must brush, floss and use a mouthwash daily to avoid bacterial growth.
● Infections: Viral and bacterial infections can lead to swelling and discomfort. If the person does not take proper treatment, it can lead to gingivostomatitis, which causes swelling and further complications. Also, the excessive growth of yeast in the mouth can cause abscesses and tooth decay. Therefore, children and adults must prioritize their oral health to promote the overall physical function of the vital organs and prevent complications.
● Nutrient Deficiency: Vitamin C is responsible for maintaining and repairing teeth. Individuals with vitamin B and C deficiency are at a higher risk of suffering from scurvy. It can lead to developmental problems and gum disease. Individuals with scurvy suffer from swelling, pain, and gum disease. Hence, caregivers should monitor the child’s dietary intake and give them fruits and vegetables to avoid physical health complications.
The home remedies proven effective in providing instant relief to the patient from swelling and pain are:
● Use of Salt Water: Saltwater provides instant relief from inflammation and pain. The person exhibiting signs of swelling should add one teaspoon of salt to lukewarm water and rinse the mouth thoroughly. The person should not swallow the water but rather spit it out and repeat the remedy thrice a day to notice visible improvement in the swelling.
● Compressing: Hot and cold compressing can help reduce the swelling. Soak a towel in warm water and place it on the face. Otherwise, use a bag of ice and apply it to the outside of the mouth and notice a reduction in the swelling.
● Use of Turmeric Gel: The cumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and pain. Also, it helps remove plaque and prevent gingivitis. Hence, after brushing the teeth, the individual can apply the turmeric gel for ten minutes and rinse the mouth thoroughly. The person should use the turmeric gel twice unless they notice a reduction in the pain, discomfort, and swelling.
● Use of Essential Oils: Peppermint and tea tree oil help prevent bacterial growth in the mouth, which causes swelling. Mix a few drops of oil with the water and squish for thirty seconds. Using this remedy twice helps reduce swelling.
● Use of Aloe Vera: The aloe vera mouthwash helps reduce swelling and reduce the occurrence of gingivitis. Individuals who suffer from swelling should use aloe vera mouthwash for ten days twice a day, in the morning and evening.
● Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking plenty of water helps promote saliva production and reduce bacterial growth. Therefore, everyone should drink 1.2 liters of water daily to enhance bodily functions and physical health.
● Use Dental Floss: The use of floss helps prevent bacterial growth and its spread that may affect oral health and cause swelling.
The individuals exhibiting signs of infection and gingivitis must consult a dentist in Shifa International Hospital. The specialist will guide the patient regarding effective and latest treatment, that will help them function adequately in every aspect of life.