Choosing a sofa is one of the most important furniture purchases you can make! Consider how much of your home life revolves around this single item. Relaxing after work or on the weekend, watching TV, entertaining friends and family, napping… all these activities take place on the sofa!
So, before investing in this crucial piece, keep reading for our top designer tips on selecting the perfect sofa for your home. Renting furniture is also economical; look out for furniture rental in Pune here.
1. Consider Your Lifestyle
Before delving into different sofa styles, consider your lifestyle and what you might need from a sofa daily.
- A sectional might be the best option if you have a large family.
- You should feel stain-resistant performance fabric upholstery if you have pets or children.
- If relaxation and comfort are essential, you should consider reclined motion sofas. Going into your shopping trip with a few key “must-haves” will save you significant time and energy.
2. Determine Sofa Orientation
Another thing to consider before going shopping is how you intend to position a sofa in your space.
- Will the sofa be placed against a wall, or will it be displayed in the center of a room with its back exposed?
- Where do you want the corner piece of a sectional to be if you’re looking for one?
Knowing these details will assist you in eliminating any options that do not meet your requirements.
3. Be Selective with Upholstery Fabric/Leather Type
Selecting the appropriate upholstery fabric or leather type for your lifestyle is critical. As previously stated, choosing a performance fabric is good if you have pets or small children.
It’s also crucial to investigate the quality of the upholstery fabric or leather type for any sofa you’re interested in, as well as cleaning codes and upkeep recommendations.
4. Pick Out A Color That Works With Your Space
Now comes one of the most important decisions: the color of your sofa! There are numerous options here, ranging from a bold statement to a detailed pattern to a dependable neutral.
There is no wrong or right way to choose a palette as long as it is something you know you will love (and not get tired of) for years to come.
5. Be Mindful Of The Arm Style and the Cushions
Sofa arm styles are frequently overlooked, but they should not be! There are numerous styles to choose from, ranging from winged silhouettes to clean-lined angles, from rolled armrests to oversized and undersized. It’s also critical to test the arms of any sofa you’re interested in to ensure they’re sturdy and firm.
6. Test The Seat Cushions
Seat cushions come in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you’re looking for a livable comfort piece, go for a more comfortable, “sink-right-in” feel. If you’re looking for a formal sitting area, however, you might want to go with a firm, structured cushion that holds its shape.
You are now ready to start looking for a new sofa. Keep the pointers in mind to find the perfect sofa for your home. If you live in a rented house, you can also go for a sofa on rent.