Using pen and paper to fill out the forms and records has traditionally been used by security personnel to report security incidents. However, it is a time-consuming process and is subject to error. Given how one can track real-time data digitally, and all the duty officers can access the information at lightning speed, it is not difficult to understand why organizations are switching from a manual record entry system to a security guard management software.
Sometimes, it may not be easy to describe an incident accurately on the spot. A digital form of the security reporting system may allow the security guards to upload pictures and voice recordings. This reduces the time required for the security to present a written report then and there, reading the same and allowing faster implementation of the action. Let us understand how you can use the software for incident reporting and the areas you should consider before purchasing one.
Why Is a Security Guard Management Software Used?
Security guard software is used these days in companies to optimize the patrolling of the security guard personnel, streamline the process to better organize them, speed up the reporting of incidents and their response, and get insights regarding the actions that they need to take from the information on the security log. Security guard management software is mostly used on websites and mobile phones. However, one can also use them on various other platforms.
Here are the key features of security software. They are/allow:
- Real-time tracking
- Advanced digital cloud-based reporting
- Customizable as per the organization’s needs.
Questions To Ask Before Buying a Security Guard Solution
Here are the following questions you must answer before buying the software solution:
– How easy is it to install and use the software? Pay importance to your user experience.
– Can you customize it as per the needs of your team?
– Can you manage the security guards’ schedules and automate some of the processes, for instance, overtime request and paid time off?
– Are you able to track the location of the security force and ensure that they are present at the right place at the right time?
– Can you create digital forms and checklists on the device? Is there a mechanism on the device that allows you and the security guards to send, receive and make changes on the digital sheet as required?
– Does the device allow for seamless mutual two-sided communication?
– Does the device allow you to upload and save important documents, for example, policy documents, that you can refer to should a need arise?
– Can you easily generate and export reports on the relevant data stored in the system using the device?
– How responsive and cooperative is the customer support?
– Can you afford the cost of buying it?
If a client has trusted you with his property and assets, you know how important it is to safeguard the same. You may have hired an agency that provides you with security staff. However, they are humans who might miss out on a particular creak from which a breach might have occurred; human negligence is not an uncommon occurrence.
This innocent mistake can, however, cost you immensely. It may cause you to lose your client, with him not being able to place his trust in you again, and it may also result in a bad name to your brand’s reputation. We understand that some errors can be controlled while others cannot. The security guard management software can protect you from many unwanted mishaps at a cost-friendly rate. Therefore, as a responsible and empathetic service provider, order your security software today.