As you know, Multani Mitti is one of the most famous skin care products which can be found in almost every household in the Indian community. It contains hydrated aluminium silicates and resembles the property of bentonite clay. It is available in various colours like brown, white and green nature and contains high minerals and water.
The Multani Mitti benefits are that it has no odour or flavour and is friendly to all skin types. Because of its origin in Multan, located in Pakistan, otherwise known as Fuller’s earth, is also referred to as Multani Mitti. With the rise in the Vedic lifestyle, people began to practice Ayurveda and were using Multani Mitti. It used to be brought from Pakistan for many years until now.
What is so special about Multani Mitti?
When it comes to a skincare routine, Multani Mitti is one of the most favoured products available in every house. It is odourless and colourless in nature. The minerals are beneficial to addressing and resolving skin and hair problems and it does not have any side effects.
Some of the common Multani Mitti qualities are mentioned below: –
- Skin Brightening
As per ayurveda, in ancient times, skin care practice included herbal formulas, facials, and skin treatment for any allergies based on Ayurveda. The skin care treatments as per Ayurveda are based on three ‘doshas,’ which are the life forces that make up the structure of the mind and body. Several brands are available in the market for Ayurvedic formulations; however, before selecting the ingredients, ensure your skin texture.
Let’s take a look at the three ‘doshas’ as per Ayurveda:
- Vata (Wind) is mainly for the person with rough skin caused by dryness; if not taken care of properly, you may experience wrinkles.
- Pitta (Fire) is mainly for those who have oily skin and are more prone to acne and breakouts. To prevent acne, a person needs to use cooling elements like Multani Mitti with Aloe vera, which helps in soothing the skin and providing hydration at the same time.
- Kapha (Water and Earth) is mainly for those whose skins are likely to get acne and white heads because of cold and oiliness. Whatever the Skin type Multani Mitti has a solution for all your concerns.
Some Common Multani Mitti benefits are:-
Before the industrial revolution, people used to use Multani Mitti as a cleanser for their skin. Even today, if you visit your grandparent’s house, you will be able to find a bowl filled with Multani Mitti in the kitchen. Let us take a look at the reasons behind the popularity of the Multani Mitti and try to understand its goodness.
- Multani Mitti benefits include its therapeutic nature. It helps you fight acne and brighten skin tone, reducing pigmentation and oil from the skin surface. It acts as a natural cleanser.
- According to a recent study, when it comes to oily skin, Multani Mitti acts as a boon for the skin. It helps to open up the pores and absorbs excess oil from the skin surface. It is also effective in soothing the skin by reducing and controlling excess oil production on the skin.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it also acts as an anti-acne product that can be used by every individual who has issues with their skin.
- By removing dead skin cells, Multani Mitti also acts as an exfoliating agent for the skin, which helps in improving blood circulation and retaining nutrients and moisture.
Try to look into your kitchen and find out items that you can pair with the Multani Mitti. Kitchen products, such as lemon, honey banana, cucumber, turmeric, and other ingredients, you can make face packs and masks of Multani Mitti depending upon your skin type and requirement. Instead of wasting a lot of money on overpriced skin and hair products, a decision that we often tend to rue, give the home-grown items, which have been around for ages and have generations of users swear by, a chance to impress you.
In conclusion, Multani Mitti is one of the most economical products available in the market, which helps you to attain the radiance of your skin. Because of its active elements like hydrated aluminium silicates and clay, Multani Mitti benefits include absorbing oil, dirt, and impurities, making your skin soft, supple, and bright. The usages and Multani Mitti benefits have been promoted for ages; whether it’s exfoliating, removing acne, or removal of tanning on the skin, Multani Mitti can be used as a face mask or cleanser.
So, next time when you feel overwhelmed with any concerns regarding your hair or skin, you must try and use Multani Mitti to accomplish actual results. Click here to learn more about Multani Mitti benefits.