As a business, having an appealing and feature-rich website leads to high customer retention. But, many people might not know that an attractive website comprises various features and functionalities to integrate. Additionally, these websites require a high cost for providing a flawless user experience and interface. As per statistics, 90% of people are less likely to visit the site after having a bad experience.
Therefore, to maximize the chances of attracting and retaining customers, people prefer to use the services of the website design company Toronto for their websites. But do you know how much a feature-packed website costs? Moreover, the website cost relies upon the features required in the website, domain availability, and web hosting.
In this article, we will discuss:
- The factors affecting the website cost
- How much does it cost to create a website
The Factors Affecting The Website Cost
Numerous factors affect the average cost of building a website, and they depend upon the business nature. Here, we will go over some elements that can impact the website design cost. But let me clarify, there is a wide array of other factors specific to each business need and website project.
- Domain Name:
Before website design, consider buying the website domain name. It will generally cost you between $10 to $15 per year. However, the domain cost can vary depending on domain register, top-level domain (TLD), domain duration, and domain privacy.
- Website Functionality:
Website functionalities play a vital role in website costing. It depends on what features and functionalities you would like to integrate into the website. Functionalities help in increasing user experience. Here are some instances that add the cost to the website.
- E-commerce Functions: It comprises a complete set of functionalities required to run an E-commerce website.
- Membership Portals: This portal enables the registered users to access the website and helps in boosting the content credibility. It also provides a streamlined user experience to website visitors. A membership portal can run you from $89 to $399 per year.
- Subscription Model: This function allows you to set up a subscription model for your site. It will cost around $ 49 per month.
- Customized programming: You can use this option if you have complex backend programming. You can hire an individual website designer to do custom coding of the website, incorporating the functionalities you require.
- Website Maintenance:
Building a website is not enough to run an online business, as it requires maintenance simultaneously. Website maintenance is an integral part of your business, and it includes:
- Fixing broken links
- Testing all E-commerce functions and website forms
- Regularly back up the site
- Fixing security and server issues
- Website size:
The website features and complexities are also the major factors driving the website’s high cost. Designing an E-commerce website that consists of 500 pages will cost more than a small website. Here we have outlined the approx cost of the website depending on the number of pages:
- A small website with 8-16 pages will cost $2000 to $9000
- A large business website with 25-75 pages will cost $10000 to $35000
- An E-commerce website with 100 to 1000 products will cost $5000 to $55000
- Database website with 20 to 2000 pages will cost $6000 to $75000
- Website Hosting:
Website hosting will allow you to handle a potential increase in traffic without experiencing server issues. If your business operates online, considering dedicated server hosting will be the best option.
How much does it cost to create a website?
Website design and development depends on the type of website required for business and functionalities to integrate. Additionally, if you want to rank the website on the top of SERPs, it requires hiring the best SEO company Toronto for optimum growth, and it will add more numbers to the overall website costing. In other words, a simple website will cost around $100 to $500, and the domain name will charge extra.
The domain name usually costs approx $14.99 per year, and web hosting $8.99 per month. If you go for the advanced website design, which includes SEO, it will cost more than a simple website because either you will hire best remote developer or outsource your website to some other famous web development agency. The cost for a functionality-based website will be around $500 to $2000, depending on the premium products and functionalities you choose.