Using an electric hedge trimmer is not hard, but there are some things you should keep in mind to make the job easier. For example, make sure you have a good grip on the trimmer, and keep it moving quickly so you can get the job done faster.
• Wear snug-fitting heavy-duty clothing, gloves, boots, and goggles to keep yourself safe.
• Lubricate the hedge trimmer blades. (This will help them work better.)
• Make sure that the area around your home is clear so that people are safe. Remove any objects or obstructions from the area.
• Make sure the cord is plugged into a power source.
• Make sure that the cord is securely in the cord hook, and out of the way.
Visit for more information on the best outdoor hub.
Holding Your Trimmer
To open the door, grip the handle with your front hand and the grip with your backhand.
• Wrap your fingers around the handle, thumb under the handlebar.
CAUTION: When you’re holding the handle of a tool, your thumb and fingers should never be on the same side.
• Do not touch the blade with your hands.. Keep your hands on the handles and keep them behind the guard.
Trim branches that are 3/4 inch or thinner.
• Make sure to work slowly and steadily, using a good grip and stance.
• Cut the bottom of the tree so it grows taller.
• Let the trimmer do the work. If you force it, you might damage the blade or get injured.
• Push the new growth in with a sweeping action and feed the stems directly into the blade.
• Use a sawing motion when cutting through older growths with thicker stems.
• Measure the height of the hedge with a measuring tape. Stretch a string along the top of the hedge as a guide. This will help you to cut the hedge evenly. Then use hedge scissors to trim just above it.
• If you want your hedge to look more uniform, taper the sides near the top.
• Release the trigger as soon as you have finished cutting to prevent wear and tear.
• Wait for the blade to stop moving before you move to the next hedge.
• It is very dangerous to use your trimmer on a ladder.
• Never run with your trimmer. This one is pretty obvious.
• You should not trim your trees above shoulder height because it makes it harder to stay in control.
• Stay safe when selling your home. Make sure you are aware of what you are doing at all times and don’t try to do too much. You should also be sure to maintain your balance and stay on your feet throughout the process.
• Before making any adjustments to the trimmer, unplug the power source.