The AMD B450 Chipset is a high-performance chipset geared for power users that wish to overclock their CPUs but do not need the full PCIe Bandwidth. Even though AMD’s B450 motherboard platform is not the most recent, it is a very excellent value for money chipset. AMD B450-based motherboards are a fantastic option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money but still receive decent performance. Know the best b450 motherboard options to buy an ideal motherboard.
Best B450 Motherboard Options In 2022
Because these motherboards are incredibly adaptable while being affordable, we have listed a few of the finest B450 motherboards below based on the following features:
Ensure that the B450 motherboard or any other model that you purchase will fit your computer case by checking its form factor. While the majority of them are available in the widely used and popular ATX form factor, there are also variants with tiny ATX and mini-ITX B450 motherboards suited for smaller systems.
In addition to being compatible with a broad range of CPUs, you’ll want a motherboard that is also highly compatible with a wide range of memory (RAM) models and supports a big capacity. Checking the supplied memory slots is one simple approach to guarantee this. Fortunately, virtually all of them have four memory slots, with just a few micro ITX boards having only two RAM slots.
If you need a lot of high-speed storage, you should also verify the number of M.2 slots provided by your B450 motherboard.
Apart from these considerations, you can find all of the key facts and characteristics of the different B450 motherboards listed below.
1. Asus Prime
- The GPU must be PCIe 3.0 16x compatible.
- Up to 64 GB of RAM can be stored in four memory slots.
- You get three PCIe slots in different sizes.
- Moreover, you can use AMD Ryzen 1000 and 5000 processors.
- There are six SATA3 ports and one M.2 slot.
- AM4 socket.
- There are numerous port choices, including USB type A, ethernet, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, PS-2, and audio ports.
- Also, the warranty lasts three years.
- The AMD Ryzen platform has a low price.
- Reasonable connection possibilities.
- A rather lengthy warranty.
- Micro ATX form size.
- But it does not ideal for overclocking.
The company is known for providing practically everything, including low-cost motherboards, which makes it one of the most popular manufacturers of computer components in the industry.
Also, it is the most economical option on the list and the second most popular one. So, this is a tiny ATX form factor board, as you’d expect from a low-cost alternative.
Fortunately, the connection choices remain the same as on the prior ASRock motherboard. With this low-cost product, Asus offers its usual 3-year warranty.
2. GIGABYTE B450 Motherboard
- This socket is compatible with AM4 processors.
- Also, the form factor for this socket is ATX.
- Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors supported.
- 16x PCIe 3.0 GPUs are compatible with this board.
- Up to 128 GB of RAM can be installed in the four memory slots.
- This PCIe card includes four varying-sized PCIe slots.
- In addition, it has several SATA3 ports and two M.2 slots.
- Several connectors are available, including USB type C, USB type A, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, DVI-D, HDMI, and audio.
- Three years of warranty.
- Performance is impressive.
- Numerous connection possibilities
- Suitable for long-term use.
- A little on the pricey side.
Gigabyte also provides both low-cost and high-end motherboards designed for high-performance CPUs, such as the B450 model mentioned above.
This is the second motherboard described in this post, and it is one of the most powerful alternatives. This motherboard comes with the usual ATX form size, an AM4 socket, and a B450 chipset, resulting in good connection choices. Because of its size, you can read the complete review guide of the best b450 motherboard by tech pro lines.
It offers high-quality power supply as a premium alternative, making it excellent for overclocking your CPU. Gigabyte, like Asus, provides a 3-year warranty for exceptional dependability.
3. ASUS TUF
- There is AMD Ryzen 1000 series and AMD Ryzen 5000 series support.
- Also, it supports PCIe 3.0 16x graphics.
- Am4-socket compatible.
- This computer has four slots for RAM and has a storage capacity of 128 GB.
- It includes five PCIe slots of various sizes.
- The device contains two M.2 slots plus six SATA3 ports.
- Warranty: Three years.
- Moreover, it comes with an I/O shield.
- Reasonable connection possibilities.
- Excellent for overclocking the CPU and RAM.
- No Wi-Fi connection.
Asus also produces somewhat more expensive motherboards with high performance statistics that go under its ROG and TUF computer component lines.
This motherboard is a good choice if you want a high-performance ATX B450 motherboard designed for AM4 CPUs with no frills.
All of the functionality is available by the motherboard’s conventional ATX form size. With this motherboard, Asus delivers great overclocking capabilities and a total of 5 PCI-E slots as part of their higher-end portfolio. And, like it’s cheaper counterpart, this best b450 motherboard comes with a 3-year guarantee.