A home should be the pride and joy of every homeowner. If you own one, then you need to take good care of it to ensure that you take the utmost care of it. This is especially true when there are changes in weather that make it vital to clean your windows and other parts of the home.
But then, it can be tricky to know how to clean some parts of your home as a beginner. If you just bought a home, then you’ll need to learn things like how to clean your windows. This is the ultimate guide to cleaning your windows this fall as a beginner homeowner.
Let’s get started with it.
Why Is Window Maintenance Important?
One of the most important things to note as a new homeowner is that home maintenance is key. You need to ensure that you take care of some of the delicate things, like windows. This is why window cleaning, especially during the fall, is a topic that’s worth exploring as a beginner.
Failure to clean windows and take care of them can reduce their lifespan. It will make you start thinking about and budgeting for window replacement earlier than you should have. If you had not budgeted for it, window replacement might have turned out to be a costly affair for you.
Buying replacement windows isn’t as easy as it might look. You need to search the market for the best replacement windows. Investing in replacement windows of the best quality will ensure you don’t need to replace your windows soon. It will ensure your home operates efficiently.
Also, don’t forget the doors when looking for the best home replacement windows. Your doors also need to be of the highest quality. There are Louisville doors that will stand the test of time. You only have to buy doors that use high quality materials just like your windows.
In short, window maintenance is necessary, but you can avoid it by buying maintenance-free windows. If you invest in the right quality, then you won’t need to worry about shattered windows. You also won’t need to think about buying terratone windows for your home.
Why It’s Important to Use the Right Solution
Before we get into the steps of cleaning windows during the fall, it’ll help to understand what to use for cleaning. Well, there are various ways to clean windows. Some people use plain water while others use regular soap and water to get the dirt off their windows.
However, cleaning windows and leaving them sparkling clean entails a lot more. It requires the use of well-known and effective solutions that could help bring the desired results. You can use regular soap and clean water to get the dirt off them and rinse with soapless water.
But we’ll recommend regular dishwashing liquid and water to our readers. You can use these solutions to get the desired results as long as you get the mix ratio correct. The aim of getting the mix right is to avoid ending up with foam and suds in your cleaning solution.
A lot of foam will make the cleaning process take longer than it ideally should. On the other hand, suds may leave a film on the edges of your windows after cleaning. This will make your windows appear dirty. Thus, you need to ensure that you get the mixing part right.
How to Clean Your Windows: A Step-by-Step Guide
There’s so much to know about window cleaning. This is especially true of the step-by-step process that you need to follow to ensure you get the desired results. This section will provide some of the best steps to follow when cleaning your windows this fall as a beginner.
Here are the steps you should follow.
- Remove obstructions: This should be the first step in cleaning windows. You should ensure that there are no obstructions in your way. For instance, removing all your curtains, shades, blinds, etc. will leave you with enough room to work with.
- Dust the windows: You might ask why dusting is important while you’re still set to clean the windows in the end. Dusting is vital because it gets rid of soil and cobwebs. It can be tricky to clean your windows if there is some soil and cobwebs all over them.
- Clean tracts and the sill: There’s a lot of dirt that might have collected around the tracts and sill of your window. You need to get rid of it first before you introduce water to the process. A vacuum with a hose can be effective in ensuring that all this dirt is cleared.
- Choose a window cleaner: We have already mentioned why using the right cleaning solution is vital. Well, now you need to choose your window cleaner. You can make your own as we explained above, or choose the best commercial window cleaner on the market.
- Start at the Top: It is always important to start cleaning windows from the top. This is whether you are cleaning the inside or outside of a window. It will make it easier to catch any drips that might appear as you clean. Also, it’ll save you a lot of time compared to working your way from the bottom.
Those are some of the steps you need to follow when cleaning your windows. Of course, we need not mention that you’ll need to reassemble what you removed when starting. But you should only do this once all the windows are sparkling clean and all dried up.
There’s a lot that you need to learn about cleaning your windows. This article has already looked at some of the things you need to take note of before starting to clean your windows. It will help you get ready for the cleaning, especially this fall when windows tend to get dirtier.
However, windows sometimes get to a point where cleaning alone isn’t enough. You might need to replace them if they are shattered or look worn out. Finding the best window replacement is the next step for you, and you’ll need to put a little research into it.