Ways to Legally Migrate to Australia

Migrate to Australia

If you’re looking to legally migrate to Australia, you aren’t alone. While some people are attracted to the lifestyle, others enjoy the diverse population and the people. Whatever your motivations, you may have read about the difficulties of migrating to Australia. However, the important detail is that it’s possible…as long as you know what you’re doing. 

Migrating to Australia

Like any country, Australia wants to ensure that anybody migrating to the country adds value to the economy. Therefore, you’ll struggle to get a visa if you aren’t willing to work and contribute to society. Also, the process through which you’ll pass will vary depending on your location. 

If you want to migrate to Australia, make sure you understand the path you’re taking. If necessary, contact a professional because you will find services that exist to help people obtain their chosen visa. 

Obtaining a Visa

If you want to move to Australia and create a new home for your family, one of the best and most common ways is through an employer-sponsored visa. In other words, you’ll find a job in the country and ask an employer to sponsor a more permanent visa rather than a temporary working one. 

As mentioned previously, Australia is always going to protect its best interests. If you’re in a field that is well-covered by Australians, you may struggle to get a visa. On the other hand, a visa is easier to come by if the country is experiencing a skill shortage in your niche. 

As a basic example, Australia currently has a shortage of agricultural engineers. Since talent is lacking in the country, the government is willing to give visas to professionals from elsewhere to fill this gap. You’ll help the Australian economy, they help you by allowing you and your family to live and work in the country, and everybody wins. 

Types of Visas

As you research this field, you’ll notice that many different types of visas exist. Once again, contact a third-party service if you need help choosing the right option. Also, your employer can help in this regard. 

TSS (482 Visa) – As a temporary skill shortage visa, this option has streams for both the short term and medium term. To qualify, your chosen career must be on the STSOL (Short-Term Skilled Occupation List) or the MLTSSL (Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List). If so, you can get a visa for up to four years (during this time, you may be eligible for permanent residency).

Employer Nomination Scheme (186 Visa) – To choose this route, you’ll need to have a position found on the Skilled Occupation List of Australia. If so, you can enter through the Temporary Residence Transition stream, Agreement stream, or Direct Entry stream. As you can imagine, all three streams have varying requirements and restrictions that you’ll need to meet and follow to get your visa. 

Skilled Work Regional (491 Visa) – Thirdly, this option breaks the country down into regions and allows you to live in the country for up to five years. Rather than getting sponsored by an employee, you’ll need a sponsor from a state/territory government agency or an eligible relative. You cannot be over 45 years of age and you’ll need to score 65 points (as well as find your occupation on the relevant lists). 

Once you’ve lived in the specific region for three years, you can then apply for permanent residence. Designated regional areas include South Australia, New South Wales (not Sydney), Tasmania, Victoria (not Melbourne metropolitan), Northern Territory, and others. 

Work with an independent company and choose the right visa for your future! 

Leave a Reply

Back To Top