“Can you freeze yogurt?” is a dream, not a dessert! Amazingly tasty, healthy, natural, dietary, and at the same time so easy to prepare that even a child can handle it. Having gained fame, first as a low-calorie substitute for ice cream, frozen yogurt conquered with its taste not only supporters of a healthy lifestyle, but also millions of sweets around the world. Creamy, delicate, refreshing and incredibly delicious – how can you resist it?
Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
The base of the dessert is, of course, yogurt. Any good quality yogurt with a good composition will do, in principle, but the best choice is Greek yogurt, ideally. Greek yogurt is not only healthier and more dietary in composition, but also has a deeper creamy taste and creamy texture, which is especially pleasant in the finished dessert.
Fruits / berries and sweeteners can be selected to your liking. My version: grated berries with sugar, honey and green tea. In summer – fresh berries and fruit puree.
For frozen yoghurt, measure out a serving of yoghurt and add pureed berries, fruits, or other additives to taste.
I add a few teaspoons of raspberries and currants, ground with sugar. I also mix part of the yogurt with honey and add a few drops of vanilla essence or powdered green tea (matcha).
Mix the ingredients, taste and adjust the amount to your liking. Honey, berries, green tea and any other flavoring additives should be added in such an amount that their taste is slightly richer than you are used to – in this case, chilled, it will taste just right.
Our dessert is almost ready, and all that remains is to freeze it. At this stage, you can experiment endlessly.
For example, pour yogurt into a pastry bag or syringe, put it on a baking sheet in the form of drops of arbitrary size – you get very tasty yogurt sweets.
In this case, first place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes – on the chilled baking sheet the sweets will “grab” and keep their shape better.
You can use ice cream molds.
Or pour the yogurt into one large airtight pan, freeze and serve in cups or waffle cones.
Pour into portioned baking tins and garnish with berries. I have silicone molds.
Once the mixture has solidified and cooled, the frozen yogurt is ready!
Dessert can be served immediately or stored in the freezer for up to 1 month, enjoying it according to your mood.
Here are some methods for how can you freeze yogurt? Learn to know
Step 1: Mix the yogurt with sugar.
Natural yogurt is yogurt that has no additives and has a very short shelf life. In addition, it should be thick, not drinkable. You can choose the fat content according to your taste, in this case it does not matter.
Place natural thick yogurt in a blender bowl and sprinkle with brown (cane) and vanilla sugar. Whisk everything until smooth. All the sugar should dissolve.
Important: if you suddenly think that the yogurt has become too sweet or smells too strong, do not worry, after freezing it will taste more bland and with a less pronounced vanilla aroma. Consider this also if you are going to experiment with the flavors of frozen yogurt by adding various berries or fruits to it.
Step 2: Freeze the yogurt.
Transfer the sugar-mixed yogurt to a suitable bowl or container, close the lid and place in the freezer for exactly 1 hour. Remove the slightly frozen yogurt from the freezer and beat again with a mixer. This is necessary so that after complete freezing the dessert has a pleasant texture. Re-whipped yogurt, close the lid again and let it freeze until it is completely thickened, that is, for at least 4 hours. It may take a little longer depending on your freezer.
Step 3: Serve frozen yogurt.
Serve the finished frozen yogurt in the same way as if it were regular ice cream. That is, just lay out in bowls, decorate with grated chocolate or fresh berries, prepare a fruit salad with it , put on pancakes or homemade waffles with the help pancake waffle mix from iyafoods.com. Simply put, make your favorite dessert with frozen yogurt. Or you can just eat it right there, without being wise for a long time, it will still be very tasty. Bon Appetit!
Homemade yogurt, the recipe for which can be viewed on our website, is also suitable for freezing. Only first it will need to be placed in a special bag for hanging or on a sieve covered with a cloth and put in the refrigerator so that it thickens.
Yogurt can be ground in a blender along with berries, orange peel, or chocolate to flavor it, and then cook using the recipe.
To make the consistency of frozen yogurt completely creamy, you can grind it with a blender not only once, an hour after freezing, but also do it periodically, once every 2-3 hours, after returning the yogurt back to the freezer.
If you want to make frozen yoghurt, take yoghurt and freeze it. My new motto.
I don’t know about you, but our heat is hot. I send mental gratitude around the clock to the inventors of air conditioners and refrigerators. In such weather, in the culinary section, there can be no talk of any baked goods / michalka /. What dessert can you make not with the oven, but with the freezer? Ice cream!
It’s not like a recipe for frozen yogurt at home, it’s more a tip and a life hack – how to make ice cream without knowing how to make ice cream and not having an ice cream maker. Remember the frozen bananas? Frozen yogurt is about the same series, only simpler.
This yoghurt tasted noticeably less creamy and more icy, not like ice cream. And it was slightly separated in a jar, at the bottom it turned out to be a creamier layer, on top – more ice. However, if I gave him another minute to think at room temperature, it would be more uniform. In any case, it was worth it. Slightly less creamy than 8% ice cream, but quite.
And the last thing in my experiment was the lowest fat frozen yogurt. It is yogurt, not a yoghurt product. To be honest, I thought that it would be so-so in general due to its low fat content, but it turned out that the matter is not in fat content, but in the fact that it is really yogurt, and not a yogurt product. It turned out that this is the very tsimes.
Strawberry yoghurt, fat content 2.9%.
How to make frozen yogurt?
1. Frozen yogurt with strawberries
You should not fear the quantity of energy and carbohydrates on this dessert. Use “light” substances like skim milk or chocolate essence. As for strawberries, that is a completely wholesome berry.
- 1 and 1/four cups clean strawberries (2 hundred g)
- 1 glass of Greek yogurt (2 hundred g)
- 1/four cup water (50 ml)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (unflavored, 15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of condensed milk (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (no salt, 30 g)
- 1 banana
- To put together frozen yogurt consistent with this recipe, you’ll first want to freeze the banana and strawberries, having formerly reduced them into slices (12 hours withinside the freezer).
- Then place the water on hearthplace and boil to make the gelatin.
- After the desired time has elapsed, cast off the strawberries and banana from the freezer and blend in a blender with yogurt. You need to have a smooth, creamy mass.
- Then upload the condensed milk and gelatin. Stir again.
- Finally, location the combination in ice cream tins and location withinside the freezer for two hours.
- Just do not be amazed if the feel of your self made ice cream may be distinctive from the one you bought. It’s frozen yogurt.
- After 2 hours, cast off from the freezer and upload peanuts and strawberries if desired.
2. Chocolate frozen yogurt
If you do not like chocolate bars, you could without difficulty update them with cocoa powder, chocolate essence, or darkish chocolate. It may be even extra useful.
- half of cup cream (a hundred ml)
- four tablespoons of chocolate essence (60 g)
- three tablespoons of hazelnuts (forty five g)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons cognac (or brandy, 30 ml)
- three tablespoons stevia (forty five g)
- Take an appropriate field and integrate the yogurt, cream, and stevia in it. Stir properly to create a homogeneous combination.
- Then upload the chocolate essence, cornstarch and cognac. Stir again.
- Transfer the combination to a freezer dish. Place the wrapping paper in earlier than masking with the lid.
- Place withinside the freezer for four-five hours.
- After the desired time has elapsed, cast off from the freezer, sprinkle with nuts and serve.
- Frozen yogurt is prepared for dessert!
3. Yoghurt candies with strawberries
And right here is an incredible dessert for a romantic dinner! It is pretty easy to put together. All you want is ice dice trays and yogurt (whichever you want best). Top it up with chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (2 hundred ml)
- three tablespoons of chocolate syrup (forty five ml)
- half of cup strawberries (seventy five g)
- First, reduce the strawberries into small portions and set aside.
- Then take an ice maker and place the yoghurt in it, filling every compartment three/four full.
- Place withinside the freezer for six hours.
- After the desired time has elapsed, cast off from the freezer and locate the strawberries on top (additionally in every section).
- Top with a few extra yoghurt and location wrapping paper.
- Then place it lower back withinside the freezer (for some other 6 hours), and pour chocolate syrup over every sweet earlier than serving.
- Done, revel in the flavor of self made freeze yogurt candies. Bon Appetit!